Advanced Steam Traction Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum issues

3 posters

Go down

Forum issues Empty Forum issues

Post by Iain Jack Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:25 pm

Andrew,

I'm having a few problems with the forum :

1. My PC won't remember my log-in, nor does ticking the 'Log me in automatically' box work

2. I'm not receiving email notifications, despite having the 'watch' and 'email' boxes ticked for various forums.

3. In a similar vein, can we get notifications of new topics?

TIA,

Iain

Last edited by Iain Jack on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorted out #4 - my error.)
Iain Jack
Iain Jack

Back to top Go down

Forum issues Empty Re: Forum issues

Post by Andrew Taylor Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:44 pm

Iain,

Apologies in advance if my suggestions are a bit basic and you have already tried them.

1) I don't seem to have any problems with the browser remembering my password ( although it is arguably nor good practice to use saved passwords)     I am using Firefox and Chome on Windows.  

This Link explains how to disable and remove saved passwords in major browsers, but should have enough information for you to enable them also.

2) I am receiving topic reply email notifications successfully, so the mechanism works.   I'll assume your email address is correct as you would not have been able to register if it was wrong.    Is your spam filter hiding them?

3 ) I think so, but I'll have to investigate.
Andrew Taylor
Andrew Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post by John Hind Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:02 pm

I'm getting notifications of new posts in a topic I am watching, but I am not sure I am getting notification of new topics - can someone create a new topic - say called 'Topic Test' !!!

John Hind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum